The Rise of Asia
International and multidisciplinary conference
Organised by GRIC (Group of Research on Identities and Cultures), University of Le Havre, France
In partnership with CHAC (Centre of History of Contemporary Asia).
The first day of the conference will take place at the University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris, March 22, 2017
The following days of the conference will take place at the University of Le Havre, Le Havre, March 23-24, 2017
Due to unexpected circomstances, we had to switch the 3 rooms as it follows :
ROOM 1 – A208
Friday – Conference Room OLYMPE DE BOURGES
ROOM 2 – A210
Friday – D208, wing D
|14:00-15:30||GENDER & RELIGION-1|
|15:45-17:15||GENDER & RELIGION-1|
ROOM 3 -A216
Friday – Hall PRSH – near the main entrance
|10:45-12:15||ARCHITECTURE URBANISM ECOLOGY|
More than 60 papers from diverse parts of the world (Algeria, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, China, Ethiopia, France, Georgia, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Nepal, Nigeria, Palestine, Philippines, Russia, Taiwan. Thailand, Turkey, UK, USA, Vietnam…) will be presented and discussed in the conference, covering a wide range of issues :
– The Rise of Asia seen from inside and outside Asia
– The Rise of Asia in Global History
– The Rise of Asia and New World Order
– The Rise of Asia : impacts, risks and opportunities for Africa, Latin America, Arab World, Europe
– The Rise of Asia through different perspectives – architecture, business, culture, ecology, economy, gender, international relations, religion, urban development
The conference program is under construction.
Main outlines for the conference days :
Wednesday, March 22, 2017, the University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne : Plenary Sessions of Introduction to the Conference.
Thursday, March 23, 2017, the University of Le Havre : Parallel Sessions of Paper Presentations
Friday, March 24, 2017, the University of Le Havre : Parallel Sessions of Paper Presentations and Plenary Sessions of Conclusion and Recommendation of the Conference.
During the conference, there will be various exhibitions and demonstrations (e.g. caligraphy, origami, and other Asian art and craft), book launching, and film screening dealing with the Rise of Asia. The conference will end with a socio-cultural evening with dances, music, défilé of ethnic dresses, demonstration of martial arts and buffet of Asian gastronomy.
ITINERARY FOR INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS
International participants are invited to consider the following itinerary :
March 21 : Arrival in Paris. First night in France (Paris).
March 22 : First day conference in Paris. Second night in France (Paris).
March 23 : Moving to Le Havre. Second day conference. Third night in France (Le Havre)
March 24 : Third day conference. Fourth night in France (Le Havre)
March 25 : Moving back to Paris
The registration concerne the spectator participants (not presenting a paper), those that will participate actively in the conference are automatically registered by the organisational comitee. The registration is NOT necessary. All access at the presentations and the discussions are free of charge, but the places are limited.
Paid registration :
1) Personalised Badge
2) Printed brief report from the conference
3) Official participation Certificate
4) Priority when entering the rooms
5) Drink by choice, during the pauses : a cup of coffee, a cup of tea, small bottle of water or a softdrink can.
To register, Please follow the steps :
1) Registration Form, that you can find at http://www.bandungspirit.org/
2) Online payment at https://www-apps.univ-lehavre.fr/formulaires_manifestations